Monday, April 14, 2008

The Way I See It:

“What is released from a bean that is roasted to smoky perfection? A philosophical musing, a spirited discussion, a cup of afternoon in a French café. French Roast defines simple imagery and embodies a state of mind.”

Seriously?

You got to love marketing. French roast is defiantly smoky, but more like the bottom of an ashtray smoky. And the second sentence isn’t even a sentence it’s a fragment, one that doesn’t even make sense. And “simple imagery” or a “state of mind”? What exactly are we describing?

The way I see it you can sell anything with good marketing. But it sounds intelligent.

2 comments:

Ellenod said...

I saw a great one at the Barnes and Noble Starbucks. It was an ad describing a cinnamon latte and at the end it said "Artfully ordered by you." I hadn't realized ordering a drink could be a work of art...?

also: Is your last sentence intentionally a fragment?

Almost Heaven Desserts & Coffee Bar said...

My name is jim simon owner of almostheavendesserts.com We are a bakery/coffee shop with three locations. I will be vacationing in bonita springs for 9 days starting July 8, looking for suggestions on where to get my espressos in the area. my cell is 304 669 3696. my email is simhv1@gmail.com