Sunday, February 10, 2008

AeroPress

Okay so let’s forget brewing coffee with a drip machine, and French Presses, and Espresso makers; what’s left? Nothing. Or at lest so I thought until recently.

Originally, the pictures were the only thing that saved Tim Wendelboe’s blog and relating web site from being lost forever in the marches of past links that I had trumped through, till today when I was searching for something new. I was caught by the title of his most recent post the first unofficial aeropress champion is and decided to navigate deeper into this AeroPress device.



Apparently, there is more than three ways (mentioned above) to extract that tantalizing and often addicting juice from its beans.


This new thingamabob extravaganza was designed by Alan Adler a mechanical engineer at Stanford University. Unfortunately for Mr. Adler, as I was perusing the website for his handy-dandy new fangled contraption, the tone it took on didn’t set well with me. I felt like I was reading the script for the Home Shopping Channels advertisement of the AeroPress. The page itself was boring, and the pictures corny. Mr. Wendelboe’s pictures were much more appealing.

But what I can’t figure out is the Norwegian Tim Wendelboe, and how he is connected with AeroPress. His Blog seems to be centered on this little machine. However, a lot of his comments are geared toward coffee roasting and creating his own blends. I suppose this will just require more digging and maybe a few lessons in Norwegian.

Until then, I suppose I should hold off any judgments of him, or this little machine till I’ve tried it at least.

2 comments:

Dr. Harrison said...

I don't drink coffee but I confess I've often wished I did just so I could use the french press and all other delightfully sophisticated and beautiful gadgetry associated with coffee drinking. I imagine the rituals of all these devices must be not unlike the comforting familiarity that the recovering cigarette smoker often talks of when I remembering the appeal of a good smoke.

Dr. Harrison said...
This comment has been removed by the author.