Saturday, February 16, 2008

Statement or Standard?

So with Starbucks’ up and comming jump to AT&T I inevitably started thinking about the
i-Phone. Up until recently I was very content with my Waffer, though not as pleased with my server, but that’s another story. Then I beheld the i-Phone.

No way, I want one of those! (my first reaction) Then repulsion hit me like a brick wall. Ugh. Every teen in America within the next five years will have an i-Phone, and if not, will be begging and drooling for one.

They are really cool though.

But do I want to be apart of that culture crazy that constantly wants the next newest and hottest item?

Just think about the name for two seconds; “i” pod, “i” phone, “i” everything is what our culture is screaming at us, and yet we passively allow ourselves the pleasure (it is fun) of falling for that amazing and glorious new piece of technological gadgetry, such as the i- Phone.

2 comments:

kimberly s said...

It kinda plays into the whole "museum of me" concept, don't you think? "i" this and "i" that, to check MY facebook on MY phone and listen to MY super cool music that you haven't heard of yet but maybe I will post it on MY blog that is all about ME and assume that you care. haha...no but really, I want one too. ;-)

Subversive Me said...

I feel you on this. The obsession with "the self" does seem to be getting out of hand...